The graduate of the Pennsylvania Gunsmith School℠ typically has many different career options available. The extensive curriculum will allow the graduate to seek employment in any type of gunsmithing shop and many other related occupations.
The purpose of the school is to train quality gunsmiths; however, graduates are not limited to the gunsmithing career field, but have other choices as well to suit particular needs and preferences.
Some employment options may include:
- Firearms manufacturers – fabrication, warranty repair and custom departments
- Gunsmith warranty repair stations
- Small to large general gunsmithing shops
- Custom gunsmithing shops – handguns, rifles, shotguns and black guns
- Sporting goods dealers – gunsmiths and firearms sales
- Tool and die shops
- Woodworking fields – custom cabinet makers and furniture refinisher
- Metal refinishers
Employers of PGS Graduates
Many employers from across the nation seek PGS graduates because of the intensity and complexity of their training experience. Graduates are often able to make an immediate positive impact upon their place of employment, even with the usual adjustments to a new workplace. Some students at the top of their class have had competing job offers, an enviable position to be in for any occupation.
A small sampling of employers:
- Bass Pro Shops
- Beretta, USA
- CZ, USA
- Doug Turnbull Restorations
- Gander Mountain
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Krieghoff International
- Kolar Arms
- PARA, USA
- Shaw Barrels
- Shilen Rifles
- Universal Studios, Hollywood, CA
- U. S Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU)
- Wilson Combat
The PGS Career Services office partners with the firearms industry. If you are an employer in need of a gunsmith, please contact us at this address or call 412.766.1812 to see if a PGS graduate would fulfill your recruitment needs.
PGS cannot guarantee that the above listed employers will have positions available for PGS graduates; they have employed PGS graduates in the past and are provided as examples of typical employers.
The skills, knowledge and abilities of each individual graduate vary and affect the types of employment attainable. We actively partner with students to assist them in procuring employment, however, PGS does not guarantee placement.