International Students

The Pennsylvania Gunsmith School® is approved by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) (U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to enroll M-1 non-immigrant international students.

We are proud to include many international students as PGS graduates. We will be pleased to assist you as you work through the paperwork necessary in order to study at our school. We recommend you start by visiting for extensive information on the process.

International students must first apply for admission and be accepted at Pennsylvania Gunsmith School® and then properly complete SEVP requirements.

Additional information concerning international students:

  • Along with your PGS Application for Enrollment, a $75 application fee in U.S. dollars is required.
  • Your prior education must be at least equivalent to a U.S. high school education.  Contact the PGS admissions office at [email protected]  on procedures for the documentation required. Depending on the country of origin, verification of equivalency by a credential evaluation agency may be required.  PGS can provide information on recommended agencies and the nominal fees charged.
  • You will be required to furnish proof through a financial institution that you are able to pay for the cost of tuition, tools and living expenses while in the United States.  Call or email the financial aid office at [email protected] for the current minimum amount of funds that are required.
  • International students studying with an M-1 Visa cannot work while attending school in the U.S.
  • When a school accepts a nonimmigrant applicant, it issues a Form I-20 for initial attendance.
  • After receiving the Form I-20, the prospective nonimmigrant student must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
  • The prospective nonimmigrant student must then obtain a visa from the U.S. embassy or consulate.
  • You may wish to visit for information specific to your home country before you get started. At the earliest opportunity, the student should contact their closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to make an appointment for a Visa interview. This should be done promptly, even months prior to your intended start date.
  • As a non-citizen working with firearms, you will be required to obtain a valid non-resident U.S. Hunting License. Visit the Pennsylvania Game Commission website ( for more information. The fee is approximately $100 U.S. dollars.
  • Students may enter the U.S. no more than 30 days prior to enrollment.
  • The student must leave the country within 30 days of either graduating or discontinuing training.

For more information or if you have any questions, call the school Admissions office at +1(412)766-1812.